Other News and Events:

  • Free gun locks available.  Please stop by the office and pick some up.

  • Free National Child Identification Kits available


If you're in a fender bender and the responsible party isn't paying up,
the State of South Dakota may be able to help.
Just follow these steps:

Get a judgement for damages in small claims court (court fee may apply).

Send the judgement, the accident report, and a request for driver license suspension to the State Driver Licensing Program.

After receipt, the Program gives the responsible party 30 days to pay. If the judgment still isn't paid, a Police Demand Order is filled by the State.

A Police Demand Order allows law enforcement to take the responsible party's driver license, license plates, and vehicle registration until the judgment is paid.

Once you have received payment be sure you contact the court to file a Satisfaction of Judgment, and forward a copy to Driver Licensing Program.

For more info, Contact the Driver Licensing Program at 1-800-952-6396


: name
: email

 Please note that you must use Outlook Express in order to make comments!



Michael Oberg